With the rise of technology use, we spend most of our time on the internet, surfing blogs, and websites. We surf hundreds of websites daily and almost all the websites prompt you to sign up for their newsletter with a Gmail account. By doing so you subscribe to so many websites and always forget to delete your unnecessary accounts which make your Gmail account vulnerable for hackers and get a lot of spam emails daily.
If you want to make your account secure, delete your unnecessary accounts but finding and deleting all your signups or subscriptions is a difficult task.
Delete your unnecessary accounts with ease
A web app named Deseat.me created by Dahlbo and Linus Unnebäck which offers the solution to this problem. It is a tool which offers a technique to find the list of accounts and wipe off the existence of your unnecessary accounts with just a few clicks.
How To Use
- Open “Deseat.me“.
- Then click on “Get Started”.
- You will see two options first is for google signup and second for outlook (choose as per your need).
- When you sign up you will see a pop-up list of websites on which you have an account. You have two options to keep the account or delete the account.
- You can sort the accounts to delete or keep as per you want.
- After sorting a list of deleted accounts will appear on the screen and have an option to request removal of your account. A request removal form will appear on the screen then click on the send button and you are done with it.
Your account can delete from the internet in just a few clicks. Generally, it will take a few minutes to successfully erase your digital tracks.
Is Deseat.me safe to use?
Yes, it is totally safe to use. The app will access through OAuth 2.0, and it runs locally on your device. Moreover, it takes Google’s security protocol which means it doesn’t have access to login information.